Everything about Filling The Void is a labor of love. No one makes a penny in salary or compensation.
It takes hundreds of volunteer hours every year to make the ministry run like a well-oiled machine. More than 1,300 people have helped so far.
Right now there are 5 ways you can get involved. Contact us to get started:
1. ON THE STREETS. We always need smiling faces and friendly hearts to help us serve sack lunches in Tulsa, Denver and Dallas.
2. AT THE SHELTERS. We serve dinner at shelters in Dallas and Tulsa. This is a good place to start if you’re a little timid.
3. BEHIND THE SCENES. Help us build our inventory of sack lunches with the non-perishable items that go into our bags. Depending on the size of your team, you could make a couple hundred or up to 1,000 in an hour.
4. AT HOME. All of our sack lunches contain a note of encouragement along with a Bible verse. Assembling these notes is a tedious but essential task. It involves working with envelopes – lots of folding, stuffing and tucking, but no licking!
5. IN A NEW CITY. Be a part of our long-term master plan to take Filling The Void beyond Tulsa, Denver and Dallas. If you’re interested in starting a Filling The Void affiliate, we want to hear from you. It doesn’t have to be a major metropolis either. In fact, the needy in smaller towns are probably more under-served.